Fiat introduces new electric car: Fiat 500e
The all-new 2013 Fiat 500e promises to be stylish and an environmentally responsible zero-emissions design.
“The Fiat 500e changes the paradigm in an electric vehicle market that’s quickly becoming crowded,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of FIAT Brand North America, in a press release. “The Fiat 500e offers iconic Italian design and a great combination of performance and range, with battery technology that delivers consistent performance across all weather conditions.”
According to the press release, the features include:
- An estimated 116 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) city and 100 MPGe highway of pure battery-electric power and zero tailpipe emissions
- An all-new battery-electric powertrain that produces 111 horsepower (83 kW)
- Recharges in less than 4 hours with its Level 2 (240 volt) on-board charging module (OBCM)
- Delivers more than 80 miles of estimated range, with city driving range typically exceeding 100 miles without any tailpipe emissions
- Fiat 500e is designed to keep electric vehicle (EV) ownership simple with its familiar no-nonsense design, convenience features and intelligently integrated approach to battery-electric technology
- World-class handling and braking for an EV that adds to the FIAT brand’s lineup of vehicles with highly engaging driving dynamics
And that’s not all! The passengers will have access to an all-new Fiat 500e Smartphone App (which is compatible with the iPhone and Android) that shares real-time vehicle status, manages charging, tracks the driver’s energy use, locates the vehicle and nearby charging stations, plans and sends routes to the vehicle and provides text-message alerts.