This pie is not only appealing to a wide variety of folks with food restrictions and allergies, but is simple to create – the perfect concoction to bring to a summer or autumn gathering.
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup Earth Balance butter substitute, cubed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 large can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pinch cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together the crust ingredients to make a dough.
- Press it firmly in to the bottom of a square or circular pie dish.
- Blend all the filling ingredients together.
- Pour the filling in to the prepared baking dish, spreading the top so it is even.
- Insert it in to the oven and bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the center is firm.
- Remove and allow to completely cool before serving.
Fat: 17 g
Carbohydrates: 29 g
Protein: 4 g