These wraps are chock full of flavor, with the sharp taste of chipotle offset by the creaminess of the guacamole. Perfect for vegan friends, a sprinkle of cheese can also be added for those with vegetarian inclinations to add flavor and body.
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 head red lettuce
- 1 cup refried black beans
- 1 cup salsa fresca
- 1 cup guacamole.
- 1 block extra firm tofu, finely chopped
- 4 tbl vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 tbl chipotle puree
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Toss the tofu with 2 tbl of the vegetable oil in a deep-bottomed skillet. Set it on the stove on medium-high heat, and fry it for 3 to 5 minutes until browned.
- Remove the tofu from the skillet and place the onion and garlic with the remaining oil. Place back on the stove at medium-high heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until caramelized.
- Add the rest of the chipotle tofu ingredients, including the pan-fried tofu. Stir until combined and reduce the heat to medium. Continue occasionally stirring, until all the liquid has evaporated and the mixture is thick and chunky. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the tofu evenly between the four wraps, followed by the salsa fresca, red lettuce, and refried black beans. Roll and serve while warm.
Total fat: 33g