We love cooking, but we know that sometimes there just isn’t the time to make an elaborate meal. However, just because we are busy with work, family, friends, and the various other activities that call us each day- does not mean that we sacrifice the quality of our food. We really can have it all. It is possible to eat nourishing, delicious food and still have time to do everything else.
Home-made pizza is one of our favorite quick, easy meals. We aren’t talking about making the dough from scratch (well, if we have the time, then we love that), but rather using high quality ingredients that allow us to make a quick pizza.
Tortillas made out of sprouted grains is one of the best options for home-made pizza crust. Sprouted grains have an increased amount of protein and other nutrients. Sprouting food also increases digestibility, making it easier for our body to break down the components and absorb the nutrients. Sometimes this makes it possible for people who are normally sensitive to gluten containing grains to enjoy eating them without side effects.
Home-Made Pizza Recipe
- 2 tortillas (made with sprouted grains or brown rice flour)
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly
- 1 cup spinach or kale, chopped
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup white beans
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spread the sauce on top of the tortillas.
- In a small bowl toss the vegetables and beans together with garlic, oil and sea salt. Spread out on top of the sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top if desired, and serve immediately.