These great treats have wonderful amounts of calcium and plant sterols. Plant sterols help to balance the immune system and reduce cholesterol. Coconut sugar is a low glycemic sweetener made from sap of coconut flowers. Rich in vitamins and minerals, Organic Coconut Sugar is a nutrient dense alternative to ordinary sugar.
- 1 cup (250 mL) coconut sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp dried ginger powder
- 3 cups (750 mL) white sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chia seed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In heavy saucepan, stir together coconut sugar, salt and rice syrup. Bring to boil over medium heat. Add ginger and Magsense/lemon juice (if desired) and stir.
- Combine black sesame seeds and dulse and apple butter in a small zip lock bag and set aside.
- Combine white sesame seeds, chia seeds in a measuring cup. Stir white seed mixture into sugar until mixed and immediately pour onto greased baking sheet, spreading with greased spatula.
- Using a sharp knife, score into squares to create a rectangular small bar about an inch long. Let cool completely and transfer to a air tight container.
Protein: 1 g
Fat: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Sodium: 1 mg