Minty Fig Lentil Salad
- 1 cup green lentils
- 2 cups carrot, chopped
- 2 cups cucumber, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 4 large fresh, ripe figs
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 fresh figs, chopped
- handful almonds
- fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp zatar- Middle Eastern blend of dried spices such as thyme, oregano and marjoram, with sesame seeds and salt (optional)
- Cook the lentils in a pot of water for about 20 minutes, or until soft (make sure they don't become mushy and lose their shape). When done, strain the lentils under cold water.
- While the lentils are cooking, prepare the dressing. In a food processor blend together the figs, mint, olive oil, lemon juice, honey, and sea salt.
- Prepare the vegetables- rinse and chop.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl.
- Top with fresh figs, almonds, mint leaves, and zatar.
→ Receive the latest eco recipes by email: Sign up for our recipes mailing list