With a twist on the typical mango flavor, this ice cream uses the refreshing flavor of mint to create a cooling flavor on the tongue. Using coconut milk instead of standard cream makes this an appealing ice cream for all. If an ice cream maker is unavailable, just soften store bought coconut ice cream and combine the pureed, fresh mango and mint with it before re-freezing it.
- 2 cups coconut milk, whisked
- ½ cup fresh mango puree
- ¾ cup fine sugar
- 1 tbl fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 mango, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- Blend the coconut milk, mango puree, sugar, orange juice and vanilla in a blender on a high setting, for one minute.
- Whisk the coconut milk mixture with the fresh chopped mango and mint until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Serve after freezing or place in a freezer to make it more stiff.