Blueberries, like all berries, are a great choice when you are watching your blood sugar or wanting to reduce your sugar intake. Ginger is awesome for supporting digestion and immunity. Warning-sometimes blueberries cause smoothies to become gelatinous. Using frozen blueberries seems to help. Drink the smoothie as soon as it is ready to prevent the blueberries from thickening. It really does taste like blueberry pie in a glass, so you will probably want to drink it all right away!
- ⅓ cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- ½ inch piece of ginger root
- ½ cup kale or spinach, chopped
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- ½ green apple, chopped
- ¼ cup pecans
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup cold filtered water
- Blend it all up until creamy!
- If you like it extra sweet, you can pour some maple syrup in too.