Garlic Shallot Thyme Linguini with Peas Recipe
The flavor of butter adds richness to this simple dish, which is quick enough to be a weekday meal yet elegant enough to be served at a dinner party. For extra flavor, if not desiring a vegetarian dish, add ½ cup of sliced prosciutto when heating the linguini.
- 4 tbl butter, salted
- 1 cup shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 head garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 4 tbl fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 4 cups cooked linguini
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Melt the butter in a deep-bottomed frying pan on medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until browned and caramelized.
- Deglaze the pot with the white wine and add the thyme and peas. Allow all the liquid to burn off and continue to pan fry in the remaining oil until the peas are browned, about 2 to 3 minutes once liquid has evaporated.
- Add the linguini to the pot and toss until heated. Remove from heat and serve right away, topping the pasta with the parmesan cheese.